It was early on a Saturday morning. I was enjoying a cup of coffee (what else is new?) and the sun was just beginning to peek over the horizon. The birds were singing their morning songs, and my dog was lying in the cool dewy grass. For that small fleeting moment, everything was peaceful. I was motivated and ready to start my day!
I grabbed my phone and began checking my Facebook news-feed. Post after post I saw people complaining about one thing or another – the weather, kids, work… the usual. I sighed in disappointment wondering why everyone was so unhappy. Then it dawned on me. Even I felt discouraged at the path my life was taking. I needed to change something.
After watching that video, it all made sense. I wasn’t where I wanted to be for the direction I wanted my life to go. So I watched a few more videos and did some research on this guy. Turns out he has a pretty amazing story.
As a typical rebellious teen, Jay experimented with life. He was a thrill seeker and loved pushing boundaries – which later got him suspended from school on multiple occasions. When he was 18, he was invited to listen to a monk speak, and he was instantly hooked with how happy the monk was. It was then when he decided to follow the monk’s path. Jay moved back home three years later to spread his message. He eventually found his way onto YouTube and Huffington Post and quickly became a viral sensation. 3 Million Facebook followers later, and he was named Forbes’ 30 under 30: Europe in 2017. Talk about some major achievements! All he wanted to do was “make wisdom go viral.”
When things get tough, and I just feel like giving up, I go and watch his videos. Jay just has a way of keeping me on track and motivated. He has a soothing soul, and I just know that everything will work itself out.
Kylie gives us a very transparent glimpse into the realm of social media marketing. There are a few lessons that we can learn from her marketing strategy using social media:
Knowing Your Audience
Who is your target market? Where do they hang out? What do they like/dislike? When are they online? Understanding your target market is a key factor in your social media strategy. Focus on placing your brand and message in front of this group of people.
Promoting Your Products
When you take a look at Kylie’s social media accounts, she uses a method called the Pareto Principle (or 80/20 Rule). If you follow her social media accounts, you’ll notice that 80% of the time she’s posting about her life – kids, food, entertainment and more. The other 20% is promoting her brand. Customers want a connection to your brand… which they get through personal, fun, authentic posts on social media.
Ignoring the Haters
Everywhere you turn on social media, there is always someone there that is either going to not like you (or your product). IGNORE THEM! It’s not worth the time and effort on them when you could be spending it somewhere else in your business. Always address valid concerns about your product or service, but move on from the trolls. Keep your focus where it needs to be!
Using Content to Educate
Kylie utilizes Snapchat Stories, YouTube, and even the newly launched Instagram TV (IGTV) to broadcast tutorials on HOW to use her products. How many times have you gone to YouTube to find a How-To video? From DIY projects and home repair to vehicle maintenance and life hacks, we’ve ALL used video tutorials at some point!
All in all, Kylie definitely has her ducks in a row when it comes to social media marketing. I’d have to say that her consistency is what motivates me to keep at it, no matter how hard it may get. Some progress is better than none at all.
Would you give up an engineering career to stay at home with your kids? That’s exactly what this momma did! Suzi has created one of the most admirable online resources for anyone that wants to learn how to create their own blog.
Suzi is a mom of three adorable children. She started out as an engineer working for Fortune 100 Companies like General Electric and Walt Disney World. When she found out she was pregnant with her first daughter, she decided to become a stay-at-home mom. As her family expanded, she was looking for ways to be able to generate an income from home to help with the increasing finances. That’s when she started Start A Mom Blog and now has a residual income of over $20,000 a month!
Even though my three kiddos are now teenagers, I can still relate to her on so many levels. I have spent many years working for the boss man, dabbled in direct sales, and just could not find my place in the world. After taking her courses, I’m motivated and ready to begin a new chapter in my life.